Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 6:30 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Use of the Facility
The use of the facility is restricted to the following people during the open times that are publically posted online and throughout the Mason Complex. These times are always subject to change based on staff availability and holiday hours.
- Enrolled students in possession of a valid AC ID
- Current staff/faculty in possession of a valid AC ID
- Spouses of staff and faculty in possession of an approved AC ID
- Dependents of faculty or staff who are at least 14 years old, accompanied by the staff or faculty member, or their spouse, who are in possession of either an approved or a valid AC ID
- Unaccompanied dependents are not allowed access to the DFP.
- Individuals under 14 years old are not allowed in the DFP.
- Hannah Natatorium locker rooms available for all DFP Users (Women #N106, Men #N100)
Thank you in advance for helping to keep the Verde Dickey Fitness Pavilion a premier facility.
Dickey Fitness Pavilion (DFP) Rules and Regulations
To maintain the positive, safe, hygienic, and user friendly exercising environment, it is important that DFP users follow the rules and regulations. My signature below signifies that I acknowledge reading and understanding these rules and regulations of the DFP. It also acknowledges that if I fail to comply with these rules and regulations, I could be subject to disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the DFP and the subsequent revoking of my DFP access privileges for a period of time.
- The Austin College Mason Complex/DFP liability waiver/assumption of risk packet must be completed before using DFP
- Users will follow all directions and instructions of the DFP staff
- Users must be in possession of and present an AC ID card to the desk worker for access
- Users will check in with desk worker
- Users will not allow access of unauthorized personnel into the DFP
- Users of the DFP must be 14 years of age or older
- Dependents, except spouses, must be accompanied by the faculty, staff member, or spouse. It is the responsibility of the faculty or staff member to update the athletic department when dependent status changes for family members. Non-dependent family members may not use the DFP.
- Facility may be reserved for use by ESS, PF, and LS classes
- Shirts, closed shoes, and appropriate workout clothes are required
- No food or drinks other than water allowed
- Wearing jewelry is discouraged and should be kept away from equipment
- No tobacco products, including chewing tobacco, allowed in the DFP
- No spitting allowed except in the trash cans
- Phones can only be used for personal music. No texting or talking on the phone.
- Music/window blinds controlled only by DFP staff
- DFP staff only behind control desk unless for academic purposes
- The college is not responsible for stolen personal items
- No horseplay, swearing, or profanity
- Equipment must be wiped free of sweat after use with wipes provided in the DFP
- No dropping or slamming weights, except the colored bumper plates
- No set weights in the power racks, no metal on wood platforms
- Use only collared bar and bumper plates for Olympic lifts
- Obey all posted signs
- Do not lean weights or bars against mirrors and walls
- Return all dumbbells and bars to their proper place after use
- Remove and re-rack all weight plates to their proper place after use
- Use of a spotter with free-weights is strongly encouraged
- Do not modify any piece of equipment
- Do not remove any piece of equipment from the DFP
- Immediately report any malfunctioning equipment to DFP staff
- Immediately report any injuries to the DFP staff
- Emergency doors should only be used in case of emergencies
- Must use head phones with personal music devices
- Use provided boxes or rack scoops to step up on. Do not use benches.
- Do not jump rope in the DFP